Home / Support / Message board / How can I correct an over payment?

How can I correct an over payment?

You need to be logged in to get access to the forums. You can do so here

Author Message

Amar Yalavarthy

Thursday 07 January 2010 11:20:36 am

You can enter a minus payment and for your own records just enter some comment like 'Correcting over payment'.

This payment will then show on the 'Client contact | Account tab' for this particular client and so will keep a history of all the entries made. Then the balance outstanding should be same as it is when you make right payment. This doesn’t show up in Accounts receivable section.

To find the 'Client contact | Account tab' go to 'Contact' then 'Clients' then look up the client (not the deceased). Once you have opened up the particular client click on the 'Account tab' and you should see all invoice and payment entries.